- Keep tires properly inflated for proper traction in wet winter weather. Tires tend to deflate with cold weather. Check them periodically to stay safe.
- Make sure your anti-freeze level is full, to properly protect your engine and its parts during freezing winter weather.
- Check your battery as batteries tend to perform less efficiently in cold weather conditions.
- Check your wipers and your wiper fluid. Road salts, snow and other frozen precipitation can really reduce visibility during winter months. Give yourself optimum visibility with new wipers and fresh windshield wiper fluid.
- First thing to do in a winter skid is take your foot off the accelerator and the brake pedal. Let the car slow down and then gently steer the car in the direction you really want to go… most likely in the opposite direction of the skid.
David J. Allison